Are you in need of electrical work for your home or office? Then you may come across various titles used by local electricians. But not all electrical professionals are created equal.
Let’s shed light on two types of electrical professionals: electricians and electrical contractors. Knowing the difference can help you choose the right one for the job.
Electricians vs. Electric Contractors
Electricians specialize in electrical:
They typically train through apprenticeship programs. Some may complete classroom instruction and on-the-job training. Electricians can work for themselves or electrical contractors.
Electrical contractors, on the other hand, are business owners who hire electricians. They are responsible for the following:
- Managing and overseeing electrical projects from start to finish.
- Obtaining permits.
- Hiring electricians.
- Ensuring safety and compliance.
Electrical contractors can also provide services beyond installation and repair. They also offer electrical engineering and consulting.
How Can You Choose the Right Professional for the Job?
When choosing between an electrician and an electrical contractor, there are a few factors to consider. Simple electrical repairs or installations call for an electrician. That is who you call when you need to install a ceiling fan or replace a light switch. They can typically complete the job quickly. They are also more affordable than an electric contractor.
Consult an electric contractor for large-scale projects. These include rewiring your home or installing commercial electrical systems. They have the expertise and resources to manage larger projects. They also ensure top-notch safety and compliance.
Plus, electrical contractors can provide extra services beyond installation and repair. They can help with electrical engineering and consulting. That is useful when you’re planning a large construction project.
Choosing a Qualified Professional
It is essential to choose a qualified professional, no matter who you choose. Look for licensed and insured professionals. They usually have a good reputation in your community. You can also ask for references and check online reviews to ensure you receive quality work.
Also, consider the specific qualifications and experience of the professional you’re considering. For example, look for project managers for commercial building electrical work. If you need rewiring in an older home, look for professionals who can wire older systems.
Power Up with Lakeview Electric
Reno, Sparks, or Lake Tahoe residents! Do you need electrical expertise? Then Lakeview Electric is your solution! Our team of licensed electricians AND electrical contractors can provide every electrical service. We now hold licenses in both Nevada and California.
There are several benefits to hiring Lakeview Electric, here are a few:
- Licensed and Experienced Electricians – Our electricians are licensed and experienced professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to handle any electrical job, big or small.
- Quality Workmanship – We take pride in our work and strive to provide the highest quality on every job. We use only the best materials and equipment to ensure that our work meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Safety – Safety is our top priority. We follow strict safety protocols and guidelines to ensure that our work is done safely and without risk to you, your family, or your property.
- Competitive Pricing – We offer competitive pricing on all of our services, and we’ll provide you with a clear and transparent estimate before we start any work. We believe in providing our customers with fair and honest pricing.
- 24/7 Emergency Service – Electrical problems can happen anytime, day or night. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency service to our customers. You can count on us to be there when you need us.
- Personalized Service – We provide customized service to our customers at Lakeview Electric. We’ll take the time to understand your needs and preferences and work with you to find the best solution for your electrical needs.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you.
We help with all your electrical needs, from simple repairs to complex installations.